Saturday, February 21, 2009

Honesty?

Hey guys - I love you all. You are all most wonderful.

At the moment, I'm so effing shot, it ain't funny. I'd be more effusive, but I've got to save it for putting together some information for some people.

I will post pictures when I've got some rest behind me. I went in today and found hay in one of the horses' stalls, water in buckets, and three bales of hay left (which I knew about because I was planning on picking up another load shortly). IOW, someone had been in there that morning to feed.

I will put out a warning that the stalls were gross. We're situated at a disadvantage for water run off. The barn's located at the bottom of a run off to the river, and we have a raised lot on one side. The lot's higher than us by 16" or more. The sudden melt flooded right into the barn. Add to that what had frozen in the stalls that was thawing out, and one has grossness. However, they weren't hock deep in shit as we'd been keeping the stalls cleaned out on a regular basis. We had plans to strip and reshave on Friday, which got rudely interrupted.

I'm all about being honest, which is why I'm putting out a warning. I'll be able to get back on tomorrow evening and get the pictures up then.

-"Hoss Driver"

No comments: